This vegan Avocado Toast recipe is simplicity at its best. Mashed AND sliced avocado, a drizzle of olive oil and a rub of garlic, with a generous sprinkling of salt and squeeze of lime make for the PERFECT avocado toast every time!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 toasts
- Category: breakfast
- Method: toast
- Cuisine: American
- 2 slices of good multigrain bread (see note)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 1 large avocado
- 2 lime (or lemon) wedges
- kosher salt or sea salt flakes
- roughly chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Toast the bread in your toaster. If you don’t have a toaster, you can broil it on both sides for a minute or two.
- Immediately after the bread is done toasting, while it’s still warm, drizzle each slice with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil and rub the oil in with the cut side of the garlic. You should smell the garlic as the warmth of the bread heats it.
- Cut the avocado in half with the peel still on. Remove the pit with a knife (carefully!).
- Scoop 1/4 of the avocado on each piece of bread. Mash in with a fork.
- Slice the other half of the avocado while it’s still in the peel. Scoop out the slices and spread evenly on the two slices of bread on top of the mashed avocado.
- Sprinkle each slice generously with salt and squeeze a wedge of lime or lemon onto each. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- It’s HARD to find good bread sometimes! I almost always buy bread from the bakery in my grocery store rather than in the bread aisle. If it’s not sliced, I have them slice it for me. I keep it in my freezer so it stays fresher for longer- the frozen bread can go directly in the toaster.
- I do my best to provide accurate nutrition information for my recipes, but I am not a nutritionist. The provided nutrition information is my best estimate. It does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
- Serving Size: 1 toast
- Calories: 399
- Sugar: 2.4 g
- Sodium: 116 mg
- Fat: 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.3 g
- Fiber: 8.7 mg
- Protein: 5.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegetarian, vegan, avocado, toast, dairy free, breakfast