Broccoli Salad with Apples, Walnuts, and Cranberries
This broccoli salad with apples, walnuts, and cranberries is sweet, crunchy, and tangy. It’s the perfect make-ahead side recipe since it doesn’t get soggy and it makes a ton! Paleo, dairy free, gluten free, and vegetarian.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Salad
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 apple, unpeeled and diced
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In the bottom of a large mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, honey, apple cider vinegar, and salt and pepper until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients; stir well to coat.
- This post first appeared on Bowl of Delicious in October, 2016. I’ve updated the recipe and post with new photos and revisions.
- This recipe can be served immediately, but the flavors improve after a few hours in the fridge. It will keep well for about 24 hours in the fridge- after that, it may be a bit soggy.
- You can substitute some or all of the mayonnaise with plain yogurt- regular or Greek will work fine. You may need to add a bit more than one cup, since it doesn’t have the same consistency as mayo.
- For a vegan version, use your favorite vegan mayo.
- For a nut-free version, use sunflower seeds instead of walnuts.
- I do my best to provide accurate nutrition information for my recipes, but I am not a nutritionist. The provided nutrition information is my best estimate. It does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
- Serving Size: about 1 cup
- Calories: 265
- Sugar: 10.6 g
- Sodium: 228 mg
- Fat: 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.2 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 5.5 g
- Cholesterol: 8 mg
Keywords: salad, paleo, vegetarian, high fiber, make ahead, broccoli, dairy free, gluten free, grain free