Zuppa Toscana (Olive Garden Copycat)
The Olive Garden’s famous Zuppa Toscana is so easy to make from scratch at home with only a few ingredients! A creamy, gluten-free soup with Italian sausage, potatoes, and kale.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 lb. Italian sausage (sweet, mild, or hot is fine), casings removed if in links
- 1 lb. baby red potatoes, thinly sliced to about 1/4″ (or larger potatoes, quartered, then sliced)
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup half and half (whole milk or cream can also be used)
- 1 cup roughly chopped kale (spinach or other greens, like beet, can also be used)
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Brown sausage in a large pot over medium heat
- When cooked, add onions and saute until softened (about 3 minutes).
- Add stock and potatoes; cook for approximately 20 minutes (or until potatoes are cooked)
- Add milk, spinach, and pepper and heat until spinach wilts and soup is heated through, approximately 5 minutes.
- This soup reheats well if you want to make it in advance, or enjoy it as leftovers. But I would not recommend freezing it, as it will affect the texture of the potatoes.
- For a dairy free version, use a can of full-fat unsweetened coconut milk instead of half and half.
- I do my best to provide accurate nutrition information for my recipes, but I am not a nutritionist. The provided nutrition information is my best estimate. It does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
- Calories: 464
- Sugar: 5.7 g
- Sodium: 936 mg
- Fat: 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 10.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.7 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 24 g
- Cholesterol: 86 mg
Keywords: zuppa toscana, gluten free, soup, sausage, potatoes