Pan Fried Sea Bass with Lemon Garlic Herb Sauce
This pan fried sea bass with lemon garlic herb sauce is packed with flavor from fresh herbs. It’s a delicious 20 minute meal that’s perfect for feeling fancy on a busy weeknight!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. sea bass (or other mild white fish)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, plus more if needed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup water or chicken broth
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon each chopped fresh oregano, thyme, and parsley.
- extra lemon for serving (optional)
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, salt, and pepper.
- Dredge each piece of fish in the flour mixture and shake off any excess.
- In a large heavy skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat.
- Cook the fish in the skillet for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown and fully cooked.
- Remove fish from the skillet to a plate.
- If skillet is completely dry, add a little bit more oil or butter. Add the garlic to the skillet and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the white wine to the skillet to deglaze, stirring up any browned bits.
- When wine has reduced by about half, add the water and bring to a simmer.
- Turn off heat and stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter, lemon juice, and fresh herbs. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve sauce on top of fish.
For a paleo option, use almond flour or coconut flour instead of all purpose flour, and ghee instead of butter.