Beet Salad with Feta, Cucumbers, and Dill
This Beet Salad with Feta, Cucumbers, and Dill takes only 10 minutes to make and is packed with sweet, salty, and tangy flavors. You can use roasted or canned beets for this easy vegetarian side.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups roasted or canned beets cut into roughly 1/2" pieces (about 2 large beets)
- 1 medium cucumber seeded, halved, and thinly sliced
- 4 oz. feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh dill roughly chopped
To make the dressing: In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk the lemon juice (1 tablespoon) and kosher salt (1/2 teaspoon) together until the salt is dissolved. Drizzle the extra-virgin olive oil (3 tablespoons) gradually, whisking as you go, in order to incorporate all the ingredients completely.
Place the sliced beets in a large bowl. Add half the dressing to the bowl and mix together. Let sit while you prep the remaining ingredients.
Just before serving, add the cucumber, feta cheese, fresh dill and remaining dressing to the bowl and toss together.
- If you like, you can reserve a little of each ingredient to top the salad on a serving platter so everything isn't bright pink (if you are using red beets).
- Red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar can be substituted for the lemon juice, if you prefer.
- Time Saving Tip: Using canned beets is a great shortcut, if you don't have time to roast your own.
- Money Saving Tip: Roasting your own beets may be cheaper (and will be more flavorful). If you prefer to cook your own beets, you can roast them wrapped in foil with 1 tablespoon of olive oil at 400 degrees for 45-60 minutes, depending on how big they are, then peel them once they are cool enough to handle (the skin will come right off). You can also cook them in your slow cooker or instant pot.
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 664mg | Potassium: 362mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 8.5% | Vitamin C: 11.7% | Calcium: 16.7% | Iron: 6.4%