Hawaiian Pizza with Pepperoni and Jalapeños
The key to a Hawaiian pizza recipe that ACTUALLY tastes good is balancing the sweet pineapple with spicy jalapeños and smoky, salty pepperoni- no ham here!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 prepared pizza dough
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 16 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz. pepperoni
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeños
- 8 oz. canned pineapple chunks or about 1/2 cup fresh
- chopped fresh cilantro for serving (optional)
Place your pizza pan (or stone) in the oven and preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
While the pan is heating, roll out the pizza dough and prep your toppings.
Once the oven is heated, remove the pizza pan (carefully!) and place the dough on top of it (see notes if you're using a stone). Be careful not to touch the pan as it will be very hot.
Spread the pizza sauce (3/4 cup) on the dough. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese (16 oz.), followed by the pepperoni (2 oz.), sliced red onion (1/4 cup), pickled jalapeños (1/4 cup), and pineapple chunks (8 oz.).
Place the pizza in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted, bubbly, and starting to brown.
Remove from oven (I like using a pizza paddle to do this), sprinkle with fresh cilantro, slice, and serve!
- If using a pizza stone, you shouldn't remove it from the oven, unless it's one made to do so with handles. Instead, assemble the pizza on a well-floured or cornmeal covered pizza paddle and carefully slide the pizza directly onto the stone.
- Not a pepperoni fan? I recommend cooked, chopped bacon as an alternative.
Calories: 252kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 878mg | Potassium: 190mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 569IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 295mg | Iron: 1mg