The Best Simple Guacamole
This simple guacamole recipe is truly the best- nothing but avocado, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and a little bit of red onion. The avocado is diced rather than mashed for the ideal chunky texture. Eat it with tortilla chips, on toast, on tacos or burritos, top eggs or fish or chicken with it, or eat with a spoon directly from the bowl!
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 5-6 avocados or 3-4 large avocados
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- juice of 1 lime about 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Halve avocados and remove pits.
Using a paring knife, dice the avocado while it is still in the peel by cutting the flesh in both directions into approximately 1/2 inch squares.
Scoop out the diced avocados from the peel with a spoon and place in a bowl with remaining ingredients.
Stir using a spoon until desired consistency is reached (the avocado will mash a bit, especially if you stir vigorously, but you still want some chunky texture).
Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Serve with chips, on tacos or burritos, on top of chicken or fish, or on eggs, or anything else you love to eat with guacamole!
- To save leftovers from browning: First, squeeze a bit of lime juice on the surface of the guacamole. The acidity in the lime juice will help prevent browning. Then, press a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface to cover it, rather than stretched across the top of the bowl, since exposure to air causes browning.
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 206mg | Potassium: 822mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 290IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg