"Bar Harbor" Coleslaw (mayo-free!)
Sweet, tangy, and full of flavor, this coleslaw pairs a unique blend of oil and vinegar, mustard, celery seed, and sugar over a simple mixture of green cabbage and onions. Super quick, easy, and cheap- feeds a crowd!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 large head cabbage cut julienne
- 1 large white onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
Mix cabbage and onion in a large bowl.
Boil the remaining ingredients on stove, whisking to combine.
Pour hot dressing on top of cabbage; stir to coat.
Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving; stir occasionally to redistribute dressing.
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 313mg | Potassium: 213mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 111IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 1mg