Antipasto Pasta Salad (with chickpeas, olives, and roasted vegetables)
This pasta salad is DELICIOUS, easy to make in bulk, and is served cold so it can be made ahead of time and pulled right out of your fridge before serving. The dressing makes for a salty-sweet flavor combination that's awesome for a hot summer's day. Plus, it's 100% real, clean, and unprocessed!
Servings: 8 servings
- 16 oz. rotini or penne, macaroni, or other pasta shape
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1-2 zucchini halved or quartered
- 15 oz. canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 20 olives pitted and roughly chopped or sliced
- 8 oz. mozzarella or provolone cheese cubed (omit for vegan option)
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus more for roasting vegetables
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more for roasting vegetables
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper plus more for roasting vegetables
Mix tomatoes and zucchini with 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt / pepper to taste in a small bowl. Spread on parchment
covered baking sheet
and bake at 425 for approximately 20 minutes (or until browned).
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions. Drain when cooked and rinse with cool water.
Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey, oregano, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
Add chickpeas, olives, and cheese to the bowl.
When pasta and vegetables are done cooking, add to bowl and mix together.
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Calories: 602kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 856mg | Potassium: 454mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 646IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 270mg | Iron: 3mg