Spinach and Cheddar Microwave Quiche in a Mug
This quiche takes only five minutes to make, and is a high protein, veggie-packed breakfast to kickstart your day! No more excuses for not eating breakfast.
Prep Time2 mins
Cook Time3 mins
Servings: 1 quiche
- 1/2 cup chopped frozen spinach thawed and drained (or 1/2 cup packed fresh spinach)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 slice cooked bacon chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
If using fresh spinach, place it in mug with 2 tablespoons of water. Cover with a paper towel and microwave on high for one minute. Remove from microwave and drain the water and liquid from spinach thoroughly.
If using frozen spinach, make sure it is completely thawed and drained and add it to the mug.
Crack the egg into the mug with the spinach and add the milk, cheese, bacon (if using), and salt and pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.
Cover with a paper towel and microwave on high for 3 minutes (see note on timing below), or until fully cooked.
- If you have a powerful microwave, you may need less time. If you are unsure, check it at 2 minutes, then again at 2 1/2 minutes. If the eggs seem watery, they need more time. But if they are solid, then you're good to go!
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Serving: 1quiche | Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.4g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 18.6g | Saturated Fat: 10.3g | Cholesterol: 210mg | Sodium: 346mg | Fiber: 0.3g | Sugar: 4.3g