Slow Cooker Asparagus, Spinach, and Potato Soup (Vegan)
This easy, healthy, creamy soup is filled with bright green spinach and asparagus and perked up and tangy with fresh dill and lemon juice.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 10 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 lb. asparagus trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 potatoes washed and diced (leave the peel on)
- 4 cups chicken stock/broth or vegetable broth, for vegan/vegetarian
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 6 oz. baby spinach or frozen
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- juice of one lemon
- croutons and poached eggs for serving, optional
Add the onion, garlic, asparagus, potatoes, chicken/vegetable stock, and salt and pepper to your slow cooker.
Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
Add the spinach to the soup- stir until wilted.
Add the dill.
Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until it reaches a thick and smooth consistency.
Stir in the lemon juice and adjust seasonings to taste.
Top with croutons and/or poached eggs, if desired.
- To make on the stovetop, add onion, garlic, asparagus, potatoes, stock, and salt and pepper to a large pot and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until vegetables are very tender. Follow remaining instructions as described above.
- Don't have an immersion blender? Use your regular blender or food processor to blend the soup in batches.
- Have extra? Freeze it for up to 6 months in an airtight container.
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 908mg | Potassium: 1146mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 4860IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 127mg | Iron: 8mg