Apple and Prosciutto Sandwich with Goat Cheese and Arugula
This apple and prosciutto sandwich is the PERFECT combination of sweet, salty, tangy, and peppery. It takes 5 minutes to make and it's light and healthy, but will leave you feeling full and satisfied!
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 1 sandwich
For each sandwich:
- 2 slices sourdough or other thick, rustic bread
- 2 oz. soft goat cheese (chevre)
- 1/4 apple sliced
- 2-3 slices prosciutto or ham
- 1/2 cup baby arugula give or take
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
Toast the bread and top one slice with goat cheese. Allow to sit for a minute or two so the goat cheese softens. Spread goat cheese onto the bread.
Meanwhile, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil (2 teaspoons), and salt in a small bowl. Add the arugula (1/2 cup) and toss to coat.
Add the apple slices on top of the goat cheese, topped with the prosciutto, then the arugula.
Top with the remaining slice of bread, cut in half, and enjoy!
- For a simple side salad with this sandwich, just make extra dressed arugula and add extra sliced apples to it.
- Fresh figs or pears can be used in place of the apples, if desired.
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Calories: 684kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 975mg | Potassium: 249mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 823IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 152mg | Iron: 6mg