Zucchini and Corn Tacos with Fresh Guacamole
These vegan tacos are simple and healthy, have a bit of a kick, and take only ten minutes to make!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Servings: 2 -3
- 4-6 to rtillas corn or flour
- 1 zucchini diced
- 2 ears corn kernels removed (or 2 cups frozen corn)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin divided into 1/2 teaspoon portions
- cayenne pepper to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large avocado or two small
- juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- extra cilantro lime wedges, and cotija cheese, for serving (optional)
Mix the corn and zucchini together in a bowl with the olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, pinch of cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper to taste. Saute on medium-high for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally (but not too frequently).
Meanwhile, make the guacamole in a small bowl by mashing the avocado and combining with the lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, pinch of cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, onions, and cilantro.
Warm the tortillas briefly in the microwave.
When vegetables are browned, serve on top of the tortillas with a dollop of the guacamole and optional cilantro, lime wedges, and cotija cheese.