Zucchini and Corn Tacos with Fresh Guacamole
These vegan tacos are simple and healthy, have a bit of a kick, and take only ten minutes to make!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 zucchini diced
- 2 ears corn kernels removed (or 2 cups frozen corn)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin divided into 1/2 teaspoon portions
- cayenne pepper to taste
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to tate
- 1 large avocado or two small
- juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons red onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 8 tortillas corn or flour
- extra cilantro lime wedges, and cotija cheese, for serving (optional)
Mix the corn and zucchini together in a bowl with the olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, pinch of cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté in a large skillet on medium-high for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally (but not too frequently).
Meanwhile, make the guacamole in a small bowl by mashing the avocado and combining with the lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, pinch of cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, onions, and cilantro.
Warm the tortillas briefly in the microwave.
When vegetables are browned, serve on top of the tortillas with a dollop of the guacamole and optional cilantro, lime wedges, and cotija cheese.
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 427mg | Potassium: 594mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 269IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 3mg