Paleo Tuna Cakes with Lemon Dill Aoil
Make these Paleo tuna cakes for lunch all week, or freeze for later! Healthy, Whole30, and easily made in your food processor.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 servings
For Tuna Croquettes:
- 1/4 onion roughly chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic roughly chopped
- 10 oz. canned tuna in water drained (2 small cans)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil for frying
Add the onion, red bell pepper, and garlic to a food processor. Process until finely chopped.
Add drained tuna, egg, almond flour (1/2 cup), salt, and pepper. Process until well combined.
Heat olive oil (2 tablespoons) in a cast iron (or other heavy) skillet.
Form patties with approximately 1/4 cup of the tuna mixture and fry until golden brown on both sides, flipping carefully (as they will have a tendency to fall apart when they are warm).
Place on plate to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Meanwhile, to make the aioli, add all ingredients to food processor and process until well combined.
Serve tuna croquettes with aioli.
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Calories: 446kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 462mg | Potassium: 225mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 573IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 2mg