Oven Dried Tomatoes with Garlic and Herb Oil
These Oven Dried Tomatoes, like sun dried, have a deep, smoky flavor and are covered in a delicious garlic and herb infused olive oil. Put them in salads, on pizza, or in sandwiches. Paleo, whole30, and healthy!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 5 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb. tomatoes sliced, halved, or quartered (depending on size)
- kosher salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs such as basil, oregano, thyme, and/or rosemary
- crushed red pepper to taste (optional)
Place tomatoes cut side up on a parchment covered baking sheet and sprinkle with plenty of salt.
Bake at 250 degrees F for four hours.
Meanwhile, mix together oil, garlic, herbs, and crushed red pepper
When tomatoes are cooled, add them to the oil mixture and stir.
Store in refrigerated for up to two weeks, or in the freezer for up to six months.
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Calories: 83kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 269mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 960IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg