Candy Filled Gender Reveal Cake Tutorial
A step by step tutorial for an adorable, pink (or blue) M and M chocolate candy filled white cake with a sprinkle heart that reveals the baby's gender!
Prep Time20 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 2 layers of white cake*
- 3-4 cups white buttercream frosting
- 2-3 cups pink or blue chocolate candies like M and Ms
- non-pareil rainbow sprinkles
- parchment paper
- heart shaped cookie cutter
Flatten one of the layers of cake on the top so it's even by using a large serrated knife.
Lay thin pieces of parchment paper along the outside of a cake stand or platter, where the edges of the cake will be.
Place the flattened out later on top of the cake stand and make sure the parchment paper is under the outside of all of it.
Cut a hole in the center of the cake using a stencil (such as a cookie cutter or tupperware lid).
Remove cut out circle of cake (and nibble on it as a snack while you're making this!)
Frost the remaining top surface of the cake around where the hole was cut out.
Fill the hole with chocolate candies (the fun part!)
Place the top layer on the cake.
Frost the top and sides of the cake so no cake is showing.
Place a heart shaped cookie cutter in the center of the cake.
Spoon non-pareil rainbow sprinkles in the center of the heart and spread out with a spoon. Press down gently with the spoon so they stick better.
Carefully remove the cookie cutter.
Carefully remove the pieces of parchment paper from under the cake.
Wait patiently for your guests to arrive.
When cutting into the cake, I recommend cutting a big wedge (as pictured) so it's easy to see the candies spill out of the center of the cake.
- You can use a three layer cake for this as well- just cut a hole in both of the bottom layers and adjust accordingly!
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Calories: 731kcal | Carbohydrates: 132g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 725mg | Potassium: 73mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 94g | Vitamin A: 78IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 231mg | Iron: 2mg