Rosemary Infused Potato and Cauliflower Mash
This Rosemary Infused Potato and Cauliflower Mash is a rich, earthy, wonderfully delicious, lower carb alternative to traditional mashed potatoes! Perfect for your Thanksgiving or holiday table.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
- 2 lbs. white or yellow potatoes washed and unpeeled, cut into two-inch pieces
- 1 medium-large head cauliflower florets
- 2 cups chicken stock/broth
- 1 sprig rosemary
- salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup whole milk plus more if needed
- fresh parsley and freshly ground black pepper for serving (optional)
Place potatoes, cauliflower, chicken broth, and salt to taste in a large pot, with the rosemary sprig on top.
Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes (or until potatoes are fork-tender).
Remove from heat and remove and discard rosemary sprig.
Drain potatoes and cauliflower and return to pot.
Add the butter and use a potato masher to mash the vegetables with the butter until butter is fully melted.
Add the milk and continue mashing until well combined. Use more milk if a creamier texture is desired.
Add more salt to taste.
Serve garnished with parsley and pepper, if desired.
- For a vegetarian version, be sure to use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- For a dairy free or paleo version, make sure to use ghee instead of butter and use broth instead of milk (you can reserve one cup of the liquid you boiled it in for this).
- For a vegan version, use olive oil instead of butter, and vegetable broth instead of chicken broth / milk.
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 20.7g | Protein: 3.7g | Fat: 6.7g | Saturated Fat: 4.1g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 114mg | Fiber: 3.6g | Sugar: 3.3g