Roasted Beet Salad with Grapefruit Vinaigrette
This healthy Roasted Beet Salad with Grapefruit Vinaigrette, goat cheese, and candied walnuts is the perfect thing to enjoy year round or as a colorful side for the holidays.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 servings
For the Grapefruit Vinaigrette:
For the salad:
- 2 cups baby greens packed
- 1 cup cooked beets cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 3 beets)
- 2 oz. goat cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup candied walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
To make the dressing, place all ingredients in a mason jar and shake (or in a small bowl and whisk thoroughly).
To make the salad, place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss with the dressing (reserve some if you like your salads lightly dressed). Alternatively, divvy up the salad ingredients into individual portions and dress each plate individually.
Makes 2 large salads or 4 small salads. Dressing will stay good in the fridge for two weeks.
- Can't have grapefruit juice, or don't have any fresh ones on hand? Feel free to substitute orange juice for it.
- To roast the beets, place them unpeeled and drizzled with just a bit of olive oil- wrapped in aluminum foil. Roast on a baking sheet in the oven for about 45 minutes at 425 degrees (or, place the foil wrapped beets in your slow cooker on high for 3-4 hours). Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool, and the peels can be rubbed off with your hands.
- Don't want to roast the beets? Feel free to use canned/jarred beets instead.
- Time saving tip: Whisk the dressing ingredients in the bottom of a large bowl, and add salad ingredients on top. One less dish to wash!
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 422mg | Potassium: 207mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 374IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg