Mushroom and Cheddar Omelettes
These vegetarian Mushroom and Cheddar Omelettes are the perfect low-carb, healthy, fast recipe to make any time of the day, and they only takes 10 MINUTES to make!
Prep Time4 mins
Cook Time6 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 2 omelettes
- 8 oz. mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped (or others, such as tarragon or parsley)- optional
- 4 oz. aged or sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 6 eggs
- chopped green onions or chives for serving (optional)
Sauté the 8 oz. mushrooms in a nonstick skillet it 1 tablespoon butter, seasoned with salt and pepper to taste and fresh thyme (1 tablespoon, if using) over medium-high heat. Try not to stir them around too much, to allow the moisture to evaporate, until softened (about 3-4 minutes).
Meanwhile, beat three of the eggs well in a bowl or pyrex measuring cup and make sure your cheese is grated.
Remove the mushrooms from the skillet to a plate.
Add 1/2 tablespoon of butter to the skillet.
Add the eggs and, using a wooden spoon, scrape the sides to the center. Tilt the pan towards where you are scraping to allow the eggs to pool into the space. Do this until the eggs are almost completely cooked.
Add half the mushrooms and half the cheddar cheese to one side of the eggs. Gently fold over the other side of the eggs on top of the mushrooms, turn the heat to low, and cover. Allow to sit for one minute so the cheese melts.
Repeat with remaining three eggs for your second omelette.
Garnish with green onions or chives, if desired.
- Make it paleo/whole30/dairy free: omit the cheese and use ghee instead of butter.
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Calories: 546kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 581mg | Sodium: 645mg | Potassium: 620mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1797IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 497mg | Iron: 4mg