Salmon Burgers with Lemon Caper Aioli
These Salmon Burgers are topped with a Lemon Caper Aioli and are SO easy to make! This recipe is perfect for a healthy alternative to traditional burgers and great for the Lenten season.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time8 mins
For the Burgers:
- 1-1 1/4 lbs. salmon skin removed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest from about 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4-1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Lemon Caper Aioli:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon capers roughly chopped
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice from about 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Chop the salmon roughly into approximately 1/2 inch cubes.
Mix chopped salmon in a medium sized bowl with lemon zest, parsley, onion, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Start with 1/4 cup bread crumbs and if the mixture seems too wet, add more until you reach the desired consistency.
Form the mixture into four equal sized patties.
Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet (such as a cast iron skillet) to medium high heat. Sear the patties on one side for approximately 4 minutes. Flip and cook for another 4 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through.
Meanwhile, mix the ingredients for the lemon caper aioli in a small bowl.
Serve the patties on toasted burger buns topped with aioli and arugula.
- For a lower-carb version, omit the bun and serve on lettuce wraps or on top of a bed of greens drizzled with the sauce.
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Serving: 1burger, with bun and sauce | Calories: 601kcal | Carbohydrates: 54.2g | Protein: 30.8g | Fat: 29.8g | Saturated Fat: 4.3g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 879mg | Fiber: 2.8g | Sugar: 4.9g