Thai Sesame Red Cabbage and Carrot Salad
This Thai Sesame Red Cabbage and Carrot Salad recipe is cool, crunchy, healthy, and refreshing. Packed with flavor from fresh mint, basil, and cilantro and a toasted sesame dressing!
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 servings
For the Salad:
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage about one small or 1/2 large head
- 4 carrots grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- sesame seeds and extra herbs for garnish (optional)
For the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons lime juice from about 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce see notes for vegan/vegetarian option
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced or grated, from about a 1" piece
Whisk together dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
Add all salad ingredients (cabbage, carrots, and herbs) to bowl.
Stir together. Best served immediately. Garnish with sesame seeds and extra herbs just before serving.
- For a vegetarian/vegan recipe, make sure to use a vegetarian/vegan fish sauce substitute.
- Make ahead: This salad will get soggy as it sits. To prep ahead, I recommend mixing the dressing separately and tossing together just before serving.
The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator
or by adding the recipe to Yummly
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 774mg | Potassium: 452mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 11356IU | Vitamin C: 57mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1mg