Greek Stuffed Zucchini Boats
These Greek Stuffed Zucchini Boats are super healthy, Paleo, and low-carb! Made with lean ground turkey and seasoned with Mediterranean flavors, with only 15 minutes of prep!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 zucchini halved lengthwise
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 6 oz. canned tomato paste
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- crumbled feta cheese and chopped fresh parsley for garnish optional
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Slice a VERY thin strip off the rounded back part of each zucchini (so they stay put when placed skin-side down). Reserve strips.
Scoop out the center/seeds of the zucchini. Reserve.
Place halved, hollowed zucchini on a rimmed baking sheet
or large casserole dish.
Chop up the reserved strops and seeds of the zucchini. Place on a kitchen towel and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Allow to sit for at least 5 minutes while the salt draws out the liquid.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together the ground turkey, tomato paste, 2 eggs, 2 cloves minced garlic, onion, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
Wring the chopped, salted zucchini out with the kitchen towel, squeezing as hard as you can to get as much liquid out as possible. Mix into turkey mixture.
Fill each halved zucchini with turkey mixture.
Bake for 45 minutes or until meat is fully cooked to 165 degrees.
Serve garnished with crumbled feta cheese and chopped fresh parsley (optional).
- Prep ahead: Stuff the zucchini ahead of time and store in the fridge for up to three days. Bake as directed when you are ready.
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 680mg | Potassium: 816mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 741IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 2mg