Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells
These buffalo chicken stuffed shells are packed with buttery hot sauce and shredded chicken, blue and pepper jack cheeses, and crunchy celery. A decadent make ahead meal for people that LOVE buffalo chicken!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 12 oz. jumbo shells you will end up using 25 shells
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup hot sauce such as Frank's
- 3 cups cooked chicken chopped or shredded (such as rotisserie)
- 16 oz. ricotta cheese
- 8 oz. pepper jack cheese divided
- 4 oz. blue cheese crumbled (about 1 cup, divided)
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 1 egg
- pinch kosher salt
- fresh cilantro chopped, for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Cook pasta in a large pot of salted, boiling water according to directions.
Meanwhile, mix together the butter and hot sauce. (I melted the butter in a pyrex measuring cup and added the hot sauce directly to it.)
In a large bowl, mix together chicken, ricotta cheese, 1/2 of the pepper jack cheese, 1/2 of the blue cheese crumbles, celery, egg, and 3/4 cup of the hot sauce/butter mixture.
Spread 1/4 cup of the hot sauce on the bottom of a large baking pan / casserole dish.
Stuff the shells with the chicken mixture and place in the prepared baking pan.
Drizzle the remaining 1/2 cup of hot sauce/butter on top.
Sprinkle the remaining pepper jack cheese and blue cheese crumbles on top.
Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and cook for another 30, or until cheese is melted and shells are heated thoroughly, with the sides beginning to bubble.
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Calories: 563kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 140mg | Sodium: 1298mg | Potassium: 411mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 898IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 430mg | Iron: 2mg