Mediterranean Seven Layer Dip
This Mediterranean Seven Layer Dip recipe is fresh and delicious! It's the perfect snack to serve with pita chips. No cooking required! It's packed with hummus, fresh veggies, olives, and feta and it's super easy to assemble.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time9 hrs 11 mins
Servings: 4 cups
- 1.5-2 cups prepared hummus
- 1 small cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives blotted dry, pitted, and roughly chopped
- 8 oz. roasted red peppers blotted dry and roughly chopped
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup halved or quartered grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- fresh dill and extra-virgin olive oil for garnish optional
- whole wheat pita chips for serving (optional- see notes)
Spread the hummus evenly on the bottom of a small casserole dish, pie dish, or other shallow rimmed serving dish.
Top evenly with cucumber, olives, roasted red peppers, feta cheese, tomatoes, and red onion.
Drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil on top and garnish with fresh dill, if desired.
Serve with whole wheat pita chips as a dip. Alternatively, make sandwiches from the mixture in a whole wheat pita pocket, or spread on multigrain toast.
- This recipe can be made a day or two in advance and refrigerated until you are ready to serve.
- It's very easy to make your own pita chips- just cut pita bread into triangles and separate the halves if they are pockets. Mix in a bowl with olive oil and kosher salt, and spread onto a parchment covered baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes, or until starting to turn brown. Cool before serving.
- To make this vegan, just omit the feta cheese or substitute with a similar tasting vegan cheese.