Mediterranean Seven Layer Dip
This Mediterranean Seven Layer Dip recipe is fresh and delicious! It's the perfect snack to serve with pita chips. No cooking required! It's packed with hummus, fresh veggies, olives, and feta and it's super easy to assemble.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 cups hummus storebought or homemade
- 1 small cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives blotted dry, pitted, and roughly chopped
- 8 oz. roasted red peppers blotted dry and roughly chopped
- 4 oz. feta cheese crumbled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- fresh dill and extra-virgin olive oil for garnish optional
- whole wheat pita chips for serving (optional- see notes)
Spread the hummus (2 cups) evenly on the bottom of a small casserole dish, pie dish, or other shallow rimmed serving dish.
Top evenly with cucumber, olives (1/2 cup), chopped roasted red peppers, crumbled feta cheese, halved cherry tomatoes (1 cup), and diced red onion (1/4 cup).
Drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil on top and garnish with fresh dill, if desired.
Serve with whole wheat pita chips as a dip. Alternatively, make sandwiches from the mixture in a whole wheat pita pocket, or spread on multigrain toast.
- It's very easy to make your own pita chips- just cut pita bread into triangles and separate the halves if they are pockets. Mix in a bowl with olive oil and kosher salt, and spread onto a parchment covered baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes, or until starting to turn brown. Cool before serving.
- Make it vegan: omit the feta cheese or substitute with a similar tasting vegan cheese.
The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator
or by adding the recipe to Yummly
Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 914mg | Potassium: 289mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 377IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 2mg