Deconstructed Wedge Salad with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
This Deconstructed Wedge Salad recipe has all the classic, refreshing flavor without the need for a knife! Chopped iceberg lettuce is drizzled with homemade blue cheese dressing and topped with crunchy bacon, green onions, and fresh tomatoes.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 servings
For the Deconstructed Wedge Salad:
- 1 head iceberg lettuce roughly chopped
- 1 large tomato diced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 4 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups blue cheese dressing see recipe below, or use store bought
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
For the Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
Mix all of the ingredients for the dressing together in a medium bowl and set aside (it's best to do this at least a couple of hours in advance and refrigerate to let the flavors marry together).
Arrange the iceberg lettuce on a large platter.
Top the lettuce with the blue cheese dressing. The dressing is thick, so try your best to evenly distribute it across the surface.
Top with tomatoes, bacon, green onion, and blue cheese crumbles.
- This salad can be assembled 2 hours in advance and kept in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve- no longer than that, as the lettuce may get soggy.
- You can make the blue cheese dressing up to a week in advance.
- For a creamier blue cheese dressing, microwave the blue cheese crumbles for 10-15 seconds, then use a food processor or blender to mix all of the ingredients together, as this will break the crumbles down.
- I recommend serving with oven BBQ chicken or blackened tilapia to make this a full meal.
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 1578mg | Potassium: 469mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1500IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 313mg | Iron: 1.4mg