Maple and Rosemary Glazed Sweet Potatoes
These Glazed Sweet Potatoes are coated in a mixture of melted butter, fresh rosemary, and maple syrup, then baked in the oven until super tender. They're not too sweet, and they're the perfect vegetarian, gluten-free side dish!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time55 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1" chunks (about 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
Place the sweet potatoes in a baking dish in a single layer.
In a small pot on the stovetop (or in a microwave-safe container, like a glass measuring cup), melt together the butter (3 tablespoons), kosher salt (1/2 teaspoon), maple syrup (2 tablespoons), and fresh rosemary (1 tablespoon).
Pour the melted butter mixture over the sweet potatoes. Stir to coat and spread out again in a single layer.
Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are very tender.
To serve, spoon the sweet potatoes onto a serving dish and pour the extra glaze from the bottom of the pan on top of them.
- Money Saving Tip: brown sugar can be used instead of maple syrup.
- Make ahead instructions: You can assemble this without baking up to 24 hours in advance.
- Use unsalted butter if you prefer- if you do, just add about 1/4 teaspoon more kosher salt to the mix.
- For a dairy-free or paleo version, use ghee instead of butter.
- A note on baking dish size: use whatever size will work to accommodate a single layer of the sweet potatoes. I used one that was about 7" x 10".
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 429mg | Potassium: 405mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 16365IU | Vitamin C: 2.7mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 0.7mg