Chicken Salad with Grapes and Walnuts
This simple, awesome chicken salad with grapes and walnuts is the perfect meal prep recipe for delicious sandwiches all week. Serve on bread or lettuce wraps for a low carb, paleo option.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded (such as rotisserie)
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup red grapes quartered or halved, depending on size
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt plus more if needed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper plus more if needed
In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise (2/3 cup), salt (1/2 teaspoon), black pepper (1/2 teaspoon), and fresh chopped parsley (2 tablespoons).
Add the shredded chicken (2 cups), halved or quartered grapes (1/2 cup), diced celery (1/2 cup), chopped walnuts (1/4 cup), and diced red onion (1/4 cup). Stir well to combine.
Serve on sandwiches with toasted bread, on lettuce wraps, or on top of a green salad.
- Walnut substitution: Not a fan of walnuts? You can use slivered or sliced almonds, or chopped pecans, instead. For a nut-free version, use sunflower seeds in place of the walnuts, so you still have that awesome crunch.
- For a mayo-free version, try sour cream or Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise.
- Mix it up! Fruits are great in chicken salad- try using dried apricots, chopped apples, or even strawberries in place of the grapes.
- Storage: store in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 5 days.
Calories: 257kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.9g | Protein: 23.6g | Fat: 14.1g | Saturated Fat: 2.1g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 241mg | Fiber: 0.7g | Sugar: 3.3g