Black Bean and Corn Salad
This Black Bean and Corn Salad is the perfect make-ahead side since it's served cold and requires NO cooking! It's vegetarian and vegan friendly, and literally all you do is mix some stuff in a bowl and call it a day. Serve as a side, on top of greens as a main course salad, or use as a salsa with tortilla chips!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 8 servings
For the Salad:
- 45 oz. canned black beans (3 small cans) drained and rinsed
- 16 oz. frozen corn (3 cups) thawed and patted dry
- 2 jalapeño peppers de-seeded and diced
- 1 bell pepper diced (I used 1/2 red and 1/2 orange for color)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
Whisk together olive oil, honey, lime juice, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
Add remaining ingredients to bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
Mix and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- For a vegan version, substitute the honey with agave or sugar.
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Calories: 276kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 763mg | Potassium: 720mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 586IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 4mg