Crispy Brussels Sprouts with Pickled Red Onions
These brussels sprouts are roasted to crispy perfection and topped with sweet/salty pickled red onions for a beautiful side dish that's very easy to make!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Pickling time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 4 servings
For the pickled red onions:
- 1 small red onion quartered and sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 cup white vinegar
- approximately 1 cup boiling water
For the brussels sprouts:
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts washed, trimmed, and halved (or quartered, if large)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- To save on time, make the pickled onions beforehand. They will last for months in the fridge.
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1775mg | Potassium: 481mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 855IU | Vitamin C: 98mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 2mg