Garlic Poached Salmon with Creamy Lemon Caper Sauce
This garlic poached salmon is fast, easy, and smothered in a healthy, yogurt-based creamy lemon caper sauce! This will be your new favorite way to eat salmon.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb. salmon filets portioned into 4 pieces
- 1 cup white wine divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small onion finely diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon capers drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
In a nonstick skillet, add 1/2 cup of the wine and fish. Add enough water to almost cover the salmon.
Add one clove minced garlic, the lemon zest, and salt and pepper to the liquid and on top of the salmon.
Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer for approximately 5 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through.
Meanwhile, to make the sauce, saute the onion in the olive oil (1 tablespoon) in a small pot or skillet over medium heat, until browned.
Add the remaining clove of minced garlic, stir for one minute or until fragrant.
Add the remaining 1/2 cup of wine, and reduce until about half the wine is gone.
Add the lemon juice, capers (1 tablespoon), dill (1 tablespoon), and butter (1 tablespoon); heat until butter is melted.
Remove from heat and stir in yogurt (1/2 cup) and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve sauce over salmon.
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 143mg | Potassium: 654mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 133IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1mg