Easy Mushroom Gravy (Vegetarian/Vegan Optional!)
This mushroom gravy is AMAZINGLY easy to make and super tasty- perfect for Thanksgiving, and vegan/vegetarian friendly!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 lb. mushrooms chopped
- 2 tablespoons fat from chicken or turkey drippings, butter, or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups broth/stock chicken, beef, turkey, or vegetable
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
Sauté the mushrooms in the fat (2 tablespoons) for five minutes in a skillet or saucepan over medium-high heat, or until much of the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated. Don't stir too much, or the liquid won't evaporate as effectively.
Sprinkle the mushrooms with the flour (2 tablespoons) and stir to coat.
Add the broth/stock (2 cups) and stir until thickened (about 3 minutes).
Remove from heat and season with plenty of salt and pepper to taste.
- For a gluten-free option, use cornstarch in place of flour.
- For a grain-free/paleo option, use arrowroot powder or another grain-free thickener in place of flour.
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Calories: 71kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 89mg | Potassium: 243mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg