Slow Cooker Greek-Style Green Beans and Chicken Thighs
Slow Cooker Greek-Style Green Beans and Chicken thighs is the ULTIMATE one-pot meal: everything cooks in your crockpot at once! Plus, it's cheap, whole30/paleo, low carb, and healthy.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 5 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb. fresh green beans trimmed (or frozen)
- 2 large fresh tomatoes diced (or one 15 oz. can)
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped dill
- juice of one lemon
- 1 cup chicken stock/broth or vegetable broth or water
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Mix together the green beans (1 lb.), tomatoes, onion, garlic, dill (1/4 cup), lemon juice, chicken broth (1 cup), and plenty of salt and pepper in the bottom of your slow cooker.
Lay the chicken thighs skin-side-up on top of the green bean mixture.
Drizzle the tops of the chicken thighs with the olive oil (2 tablespoons) and season with more salt and pepper.
Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
Optional: broil chicken thighs for a few minutes on high to crisp up the skin before serving.
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Calories: 373kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 315mg | Potassium: 726mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1610IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 2mg