In a classic case of “let’s use anything I have in my fridge to make a delicious salad,” and “hmmm what am I going to do with the 437 peaches I bought from Trader Joe’s because they were cheap?”, this is what I came up with.
Greens, peaches, goat cheese, and walnuts tossed together and topped with Brianna’s poppy seed dressing:
Holy moly. DEFINITELY making this again! It’s refreshing, light, and has a great balance of savory and sweet. Mmm.
Goat cheese pairs so well with fruit- the tartness from the goat’s milk with the sweetness of apples, dried cranberries, or figs is amazing. Sometimes as a snack, I will have goat cheese and jam on crackers. So I thought, peaches… why not?
In general, homemade dressings are far healthier than bottled. So… many… additives. Briana’s is an all-natural brand, but it still uses some refined oils (canola) and sugar. If you make your own poppy seed dressing at home, try to use olive or another unrefined oil, and honey instead of sugar. Hm. I should add this to my list o’ things to make! In the meantime, here are some yummy-looking made-from-scratch poppy seed dressings (and some salads to go with them- lots of fruit gets paired with poppy seed dressing!):
- Pinch of Yum’s Homemade Poppy Seed Dressing
- Mel’s Kitchen Cafe’s Spinach Strawberry Salad with Homemade Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing
- Gimme some Oven’s Avocado Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- Sally’s Baking Addiction’s Strawberry Almond Chicken Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- Kokocooks’s Fruit Salad with Orange Poppy Seed Dressing
I still have tons of peaches. And blueberries (the muffins didn’t quite finish them off). I see a blueberry peach cobbler in my very near future (as in, I am going to go start making it right now. No time to waste! Peaches too ripe!!!!! Ah, the stressors of summer vacation.)
|Mixed Greens Salad with Peaches, Goat Cheese, and Walnuts|| |
- Mix all ingredients together and drizzle with dressing! Um... yup... that's about it! :-)