MOVING. That has been my entire life since early in the morn on Friday. Boy, is moving a lot of work. It’s exciting, frustrating, exhilarating, consuming, and exhausting. But I’m happy to announce that Zach and I are officially happy homeowners! Hooray!!
I’ve had ZERO time to cook. Which is why I made sure to plan for an abundance of freezer meals to quickly heat up during this hectic time. On more than one occasion, Zach and I paused unpacking and realized we had forgotten to eat. FORGOTTEN to eat. That’s very unlike me. Thank goodness for freezer meals, and specifically healthy, real food meals (like my Detox Chicken and Vegetable Soup) that helped us regain our energy and not make us feel sluggish and exhausted.
And even when there isn’t something extremely hectic happening in my life, I usually make sure to at least have a few things in the freezer waiting for that time I just DON’T want to cook. Having back-up meals in your freezer for emergencies can help you keep your healthy eating and cooking goals without resorting to unhealthy or expensive take-out. This means you won’t be even a little bit tempted by the local fried chicken place as a dinner option (OK FINE, we caved and got it once this weekend. #noregrets).
Did you know that I have an entire recipe section devoted to meals you can make ahead / freeze? You should check it out. But there are so many other awesome freezer recipes out there in the world of the Internet, so I made a fun list.
Here are 20 of my favorites from Bowl of Delicious and other awesome food blogs!
- These Healthy Breakfast Sandwiches from Show Me the Yummy are packed with veggies are are the perfect thing for busy mornings. Take one out of the freezer, pop it in the microwave for a minute, and boom! Breakfast!
- This Chicken and Corn Enchilada Casserole is one of my favorites- only five ingredients to make, easy to assemble. Freeze and pop in the oven for a no-prep dinner.
- Cook this Garden Vegetable Lasagna from Tastes Lovely straight from the freezer- it will take a bit of time, but think of everything you’ll be able to accomplish whilst it bakes away!
- While this Smoky Mexican Pulled Chicken is not technically an entire “meal” per se, it IS easy to freeze in individual zip-top bags for a super fast and yummy addition to salads, tacos, pasta, or other quick and easy dinner!
- Grab an individual Spicy Chipotle Turkey Burrito from Pinch of Yum and pop it in the microwave for a quick lunch. Or dinner. OR breakfast. ORRRR snack. These look good for any time of day! You can also bake them in the oven if you don’t need a burrito ASAP.
- Or for a vegetarian burrito option, try these Bean, Rice and Cheese Burritos.
- These Wild Rice and Black Bean Veggie Burgers are my FAVORITE veggie burgers to make. Packed with flavor and good for you ingredients, and are easy to freeze individually for a fast meal.
- These Chicken Parmesan Sliders can be made in bulk and frozen. All you’ll need to do is thaw the day before, and bake with some sauce and cheese on top for the most YUMMY Italian sandwiches in the world!
- This Detox Chicken and Vegetable Soup has been my lifesaver lately. I’m actually a bit nervous right now that I don’t have any in my freezer and can’t wait to make it again to restock. You will literally feel HEALTHIER after eating it and it’s so, so yummy.
- With only six ingredients, this Cheesy Italian Sausage Pasta Bake from Creative Green Living is easy to assemble. Make a double batch and freeze one before baking for a night you don’t feel like cooking!
- Greek Lentil Soup (Faki) is a very low prep recipe and one of those things that gets better with time- the flavors come together so well when it’s stored in the freezer. You can even make it in your slow cooker to make it extra easy!
- For another Greek soup, try Avgolemono (Greek Chicken Soup with Lemon and Egg). Never tried it? YOU HAVEN’T LIVED. It’s creamy without any dairy added, super hearty, and amazingly delicious. Make a bunch and freeze in individual containers or bags for quick delicious meals.
- Make these Easy Crockpot Pulled Pork Sandwiches in your slow cooker and freeze the leftovers for another time. All you need is a bun and some BBQ sauce for a quick and easy sandwich.
- Or for another take on pulled pork, these Slow Cooker Carnitas can be made in advance and frozen to be used later for the most AWESOME tacos ever.
- Comfort food at it’s finest: Cabbage Rolls from Homespun Seasonal Living are a traditional favorite that’s inexpensive to make and will feed a crowd.
- Adorable and individually sized, you can pull one or more of these Mini Meatloaves out of your freezer and bake for a pre-portioned easy meal.
- Super healthy and vegan, this Green Bean, Cashew, and Coconut Soup from Nourish Every Day is an interesting blend of flavors that you can make in bulk and freeze for instant healthy creamy goodness.
- I realize I’ve put a lot of soups on here, but that’s because they make amazing freezer meals. This Slow Cooker 16 Bean and Kale Soup is jam-packed with nutrients. It will fill you up and leave you satisfied without feeling sluggish!
- Make this Crust-less Spinach Quiche from My Cultured Palate and freeze individual slices for a quick meal at any time of day. Just pop in the microwave!
- One of my favorite things to make of all time: Smoky Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas are vegetarian, hearty, and packed with flavor. Assemble and freeze, and pop in the oven when you need an awesome Mexican food fix!