I have two words for you: SUPER. NACHOS. These aren’t just any nachos. Tortilla Chips are topped with refried beans, cheese, and jalapeños individually before being baked, meaning all nachos are treated equally and every crispy beautiful chip gets to fulfill its nacho destiny.
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner. HOW IS IT ALMOST MAY ALREADY?
These super nachos are such an easy thing to whip up for a Cinco de Mayo celebration. We also call these “dad nachos.” Zach usually makes these for us, and his father is the original super nacho king.
I love how EASY these nachos are to throw together. With only four ingredients and 5 minutes of prep, I don’t know how I don’t eat these every single week.
To make them, just top each chip with some beans, followed by some cheese, followed by a single jalapeño slice, then bake.
Told you it was easy.
I like mine topped with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and some fresh chopped cilantro, but you can eat them as is.
And if you’re in a hurry- you don’t even have to bake these in the oven. I’ve been known to microwave them for a couple of minutes until the cheese is melted and the beans are heated through. Don’t worry- I won’t tell!
Whatever you’re doing for Cinco de Mayo this year, I hope you have lots of fun, and I hope that your plans include making these super nachos :-)
Really, you barely need a written recipe for this because it’s so easy. But here’s a printable recipe anyway for Super Nachos with Refried Beans, Cheese, and Jalapeños. Enjoy!
Super Nachos with Refried Beans, Cheese, and Jalapeños
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place about 20 tortilla chips on the prepared pan and space out so they aren't touching.
- Top each chip first with a spoonful of refried beans, then some shredded cheddar cheese, then one pickled jalapeño slice.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown, and beans are heated through.
- Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice, if desired.
- For a vegetarian version, make sure you use vegetarian refried beans (many canned versions use lard).
- In a hurry? Instead of baking in the oven, you can assemble these nachos on a large plate and microwave them until the cheese melts and the beans are heated through (about 2 minutes, depending on your microwave).
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Nutrition Information Disclaimer
The provided nutrition information is my best estimate and does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. I use an automatic API to calculate this information. Feel free to calculate it yourself using one of these tools: