This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission®. All opinions are entirely my own.
I have two words for you: SUPER. NACHOS. These aren’t just any nachos. These nachos made with Mission® Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips, refried beans, cheese, and jalapeños are topped individually before being baked, meaning all nachos are treated equally and every crispy beautiful chip gets to fulfill its nacho destiny.
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner. HOW IS IT ALMOST MAY ALREADY?
These super nachos are such an easy thing to whip up for a Cinco de Mayo celebration. We also call these “dad nachos.” Zach usually makes these for us, and his father is the original super nacho king.
I used Mission Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips (and went ahead and also made some steak tacos with fresh pico de gallo using Mission® Street Tacos Corn Tortillas, because why not?).
The chips were the perfect base for these nachos. They are lighter in texture than your average bagged tortilla chip (much more restaurant-quality), but still sturdy enough to be nacho-worthy. They held up well to the toppings without breaking apart.
Made simply with four ingredients plus perfectly seasoned with sea salt, they are tasty enough to eat right out of the bag (which I absolutely did while cooking this meal!). And, they’re certified gluten-free, so you don’t have to worry if you are making this for company that might be gluten-intolerant.
OH-And they also have a fun sweepstakes happening right now! You can play the Instant Win Piñata Game once every day until Cinco de Mayo. Prizes may include a Mexico cruise, a Google Home, Uber gift cards, Mission products and more!
I love how EASY these nachos are to throw together. With only four ingredients and 5 minutes of prep, I don’t know how I don’t eat these every single week.
All you need are: tortilla chips, refried beans (I used canned for this, but feel free to use homemade if you prefer), shredded cheese, and some pickled jalapeños.
To make them, just top each chip with some beans, followed by some cheese, followed by a single jalapeño slice, then bake.
Told you it was easy.
I like mine topped with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and some fresh chopped cilantro, but you can eat them as is.
And if you’re in a hurry- you don’t even have to bake these in the oven. I’ve been known to microwave them for a couple of minutes until the cheese is melted and the beans are heated through. Don’t worry- I won’t tell!
Whatever you’re doing for Cinco de Mayo this year, I hope you have lots of fun, and I hope that your plans include making these super nachos :-)
Really, you barely need a written recipe for this because it’s so easy. But here’s a printable recipe anyway for Super Nachos with Refried Beans, Cheese, and Jalapeños. Enjoy!Print
Super Nachos with Refried Beans, Cheese, and Jalapeños
These vegetarian “Super” Nachos with Refried Beans, Cheese, and Jalapeños are each topped individually and baked. They’re the perfect appetizer to make for company and take only 5 minutes of prep!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Mission® Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips
- 1 cup refried beans (homemade or canned)
- 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 20 slices of pickled jalapeños
- chopped fresh cilantro and fresh lime wedges for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place about 20 tortilla chips on the prepared pan and space out so they aren’t touching.
- Top each chip first with a spoonful of refried beans, then some shredded cheddar cheese, then one pickled jalapeño slice.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown, and beans are heated through.
- Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice, if desired.
- For a vegetarian version, make sure you use vegetarian refried beans (many canned versions use lard).
- In a hurry? Instead of baking in the oven, you can assemble these nachos on a large plate and microwave them until the cheese melts and the beans are heated through (about 2 minutes, depending on your microwave).
- I do my best to provide accurate nutrition information for my recipes, but I am not a nutritionist. The provided nutrition information is my best estimate. It does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
- Serving Size: 5 nachos
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: .5 g
- Sodium: 977 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.8 g
- Fiber: 6.6 g
- Protein: 12.1 g
- Cholesterol: 35 mg