I am so so so so excited to announce the following two things:
- I made the most delicious soup ever from some leftover roasted vegetables, and am going to explain how EASY this is to do!
- I made my first e-book for Bowl of Delicious! And it’s FREE for subscribers!! Hooray! Note: as of August 2017, I no longer automatically send a copy of the e-book to subscribers. Feel free to shoot me an email and I’ll send one over to you!
First, about this roasted vegetable soup. Um, it’s amazing. And the easiest thing I have EVER made. No joke.
OK, get this. You take some roasted vegetables. You add chicken or vegetable stock. You heat up and mash. And then… you have soup! SO EASY! I am planning on doing this every single time I have leftover roasted vegetables. And on that note, I plan on making many other roasted vegetable recipes JUST so I have leftovers with which to make soup.
I used the leftovers from my Moroccan Spice Roasted Butternut Squash. Truth be told, I actually made this soup weeks ago and froze it immediately as I was leaving for Texas the next day. I didn’t want the leftovers to go bad while I was out of town! It wasn’t until I thawed it out for dinner yesterday that I realized what a glorious idea this was. And that I needed to share it all with you. Here’s another great roasted root vegetable soup from Ina Garten, and another from Simply Scratch. Get creative- try different combinations of winter veggies, summer veggies, and spice combinations. You really can’t go wrong.
Now, about this e-book!
12 Healthy, Easy, and Freezable Soups is a collection of my favorite soup recipes that are freezer friendly, so you can make them in bulk and have a really quick lunch or dinner to take to work or for a busy night. It also includes this Moroccan roasted butternut squash soup. And it’s completely FREE for subscribers to Bowl of Delicious! Simply subscribe to the blog (at the top, right corner of the page) and I will send you an email with the e-book attached as a PDF.
Already a subscriber? Don’t worry, I haven’t forgotten about you :-) Just send me an email via my contact form requesting a copy (use the same email address with which you subscribe to the blog), and I’ll email you a copy of the e-book attached as a PDF.
What should my next soup adventure be? Leave your favorite(s) in the comments. Thanks! :-)
|Roasted Vegetable Soup|| |
- Heat vegetables and stock in a large potover medium-high heat until boiling.
- Remove from heat, and use a potato masher, immersion blender, or standing blender to process the soup (depending on the texture you desire- blend for smooth, mash for chunky)
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with croutons, if desired