Welcome to Bowl of Delicious! My name is Elizabeth Lindemann, and I’m the food blogger, recipe developer, and photographer behind the blog.
What started as a casual hobby and side hustle that I worked on during the nights and weekends when I was a high school art teacher has grown into a full-blown business!
I’m now a full-time food blogger, and Bowl of Delicious reaches hundreds of thousands of people per month all around the world with delicious, easy recipes that are made with real food and are created with busy people in mind.
I’m a former New Englander who now lives just outside Austin, TX with my husband, Zach, my two daughters Zoey and Eleanor (who are just 15 months apart…eek!), and two cats, Oscar and Olive.
Fun Facts About Me
- I’ll eat ANYTHING. I once ate guinea pig when I was traveling in Peru. Snails, weird eggs, raw things… I’ll try anything once!
- I have my master’s degree in Architecture. Then, I was an art teacher, then, a full-time food blogger! You can read more about this journey and how they relate in this alumni write-up from the University of Maryland.
- I participated in an archeological dig in areas around Pompeii when I was in college.
- I’m one of the few people under the age of 73 that loves black licorice.
Real Food for Busy People
Teaching was HARD. It was emotionally, mentally, physically, and spiritually exhausting. It wasn’t long before I realized that when I took the time to cook and eat real food, I felt more energetic, less stressed, and able to manage my life better.
I started learning how to cook from scratch using “real food,” that is- unprocessed, wholesome, nutritious ingredients.
And along the way, I figured out a myriad of hacks and shortcuts to make home cooking fast, easy, and doable, even with a high-stress job (and now, as a busy mom who owns her own business and has two toddlers running around!).
Bowl of Delicious is a place where I can share my recipes made with real food for busy people.
What kinds of recipes you’ll find on Bowl of Delicious
Bowl of Delicious specializes in quick and easy recipes, Instant Pot and slow cooker recipes, one-pot meals, and make-ahead or freezer-friendly meals. And they’re mostly all family-friendly, especially recently!
And finally, the recipes on Bowl of Delicious are made with real food. You won’t find any processed ingredients on here, besides the occasional use of white flour and sugar!
Bowl of Delicious’s recipes have been featured all across the internet, including on Buzzfeed, Greatist, Taste of Home, Delish, Parade, Country Living, Good Housekeeping, and many more. You can read more about my media features on my press page!
What else is on Bowl of Delicious?
Occasionally, I’ll also write about my tricks and tips to making cooking easier, cheaper, faster, and more convenient. Like my favorite hack for making easy peel hard boiled eggs (seriously, it’s mind-blowing) and these ways to shop for real food on a budget.
I also have a few resources for bloggers or people interested in learning more about food blogging. Be sure to check out my guide on How to Start A Blog and take a look at some Food Blog Income Reports from when I started to actually make money from blogging!
My Cooking and Eating Philosophy + Influences
I’ve always loved food and eating. I love how it tastes, I love how it brings people together, and I love how it has huge cultural and regional significance.
Maybe it’s because I grew up with a Greek family that cooked, and ate, a LOT of delicious Greek Recipes.
As far as eating “real food” in my personal life, I try to stick to the 80/20 rule. 80% of the time, I eat whole, real ingredients. The other 20% you might catch me snacking on a peanut butter cup, eating frozen waffles, or diving face first into a bag of kettle cooked jalapeño chips. Because I’m human, and otherwise, I would drive myself crazy trying to “eat perfectly” all the time!
I believe that healthy eating and cooking at home should help relieve stress, not contribute to it. And I think that for most people, sticking to anything 100% of the time can often contribute to stress.
Follow Bowl of Delicious on social media!
You can see what kinds of deliciousness I’m cooking up on instagram– I’m super active on stories with how-to videos of how to cook easy meals. With the occasional photo of my girls and/or cats.
Wanna know more?
Head over to my FAQs page for answers to common questions I get about blogging and cooking, and please feel free to contact me using this form or by shooting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org! I’d love to hear from you whether you have questions, want to collaborate or work with me, or just want to say “hi.” :-)