Here are some of my all-time favorite food bloggers the internet has to offer- those from whom I draw inspiration for my own cooking, photography, and food blogging practice. In this list you’ll find Black bloggers that share vegan/plant-based recipes, African cuisine, air fryer, Instant Pot, and slow cooker recipes, Caribbean and Jamaican cuisine, Southern soul food, Cajun and Creole cuisine, and more all-around delicious healthy, wholesome recipes.
Food blogging is an industry, just like other industries. And Black bloggers face barriers in it, just like with other businesses. In reflecting on my business practices this week I realized I had a striking lack of inclusivity in the way I run my blog.
This week, I’m pausing all food content and creation. Instead, I’m focusing on an actionable plan for inclusivity and anti-racism as a permanent pillar of how I run my business, alongside continued activism in my personal life.
I invite you to reflect on your own internet browsing to uplift Black bloggers and their businesses. Sustained, small acts like this can help change larger, systemic issues faced by the Black community for truly meaningful change.
- Visit these websites and subscribe to their email lists.
- Follow and engage with these bloggers on their social channels.
- Make their recipes. Then, comment on their posts and give them five-star ratings if you enjoyed the food.
- Share their recipes with your friends and family. Be sure to direct them to their actual websites, rather than sharing screenshots of recipes.
- Pin their recipes to pinterest.
- If you have your own website, link to their recipes on your own platform.
- Buy products through their affiliate links, or purchase their cookbooks or courses they offer.
- Or do whatever you normally do to support and engage with influencers and bloggers!
Together, we can do this. Today, tomorrow, next week, next year, and forever.
Without further ado, here are some of the most amazingly talented Black Food Bloggers the internet has to offer!
Note: this list is not exhaustive. To search a database of hundreds of Black Food Bloggers’ sites, please visit this Black Food Bloggers Custom Search tool!
Do you have any favorite Black food bloggers that aren’t on this list? Please share their websites in the comments below!