Thank you so much to California Almonds for sponsoring this post! As always, all opinions are my own.
How excited am I about these Rosemary and Honey Roasted Almonds?! VERY. Seriously, this may be my new favorite snack. Savory, sweet, totally addictive, and a healthy way to get a huge nutritional punch in the middle of the day.
Here’s a fun fact: did you know that February is Almond month? And that February 16 was Almond day? (oh… and it was also my birthday!). As if you need an excuse for making this delicious snack.
Almonds are one of those near perfect whole foods. Like eggs. Or avocados. A lovely little morsel straight from nature that packs a huge nutritional punch. Only a handful of almonds can satiate you between meals since they’re packed with healthy fats, protein, and fiber.
I love almonds plain- they’re so crunchy and I love how they have an almost sweet flavor, which can help stave off any cravings for sugary treats. But when you roast almonds with just a touch of honey and brown sugar, and with rosemary and sea salt… oh boy. THAT is a treat, and since there is so little sugar in the whole batch, it’s still very healthy for you.
I’ve been trying to be better about eating healthy snacks. If you read my blog, you know that I recently had my first baby. I’m breastfeeding her, which is making me STARVING all the time. I’ve never known such hunger.
And when it strikes, I grab the first thing I can put my hands on. I feel much better knowing that I can easily grab a bunch of these almonds rather than potato chips or pretzels! I want all those healthy fats going straight to my baby (Which they are– the fats in breast milk change depending on the kinds you eat! Cool, huh?).
Making these roasted almonds is a cinch. Just mix together whole almonds with brown sugar, honey, dried (or fresh) rosemary, sea salt, and melted butter. Roast on a parchment covered rimmed baking sheet at 375 for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, and allow to cool. That’s it! They couldn’t be easier.
For more rosemary goodness, try these rosemary greyhound cocktails. YUM.
Recipe for Rosemary and Honey Roasted Almonds below. Enjoy!
Rosemary and Honey Roasted Almonds
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and spread out evenly on prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 18-20 minutes, stirring twice throughout cooking.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before eating, stirring occasionally as they cool. If nuts stick together, just break apart.
- Sprinkle with more sea salt, if desired.
- Keep an eye on the almonds as they cook, especially if your oven runs hot. Over-roasted nuts tend to be bitter and not as tasty.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for a week- longer in the fridge.
- Make it vegan: substitute honey with 1 tablespoon maple syrup, agave sweetener, or white or more brown sugar.
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.