This Crispy Pesto Gnocchi with Goat Cheese and Cherry Tomatoes has only FOUR INGREDIENTS and comes together in 15 MINUTES! It’s super easy to whip up on a busy weeknight.
I LOVE gnocchi. They are such delicious little pillows that hold up to literally anything. These gnocchi (I think that word is adorable, don’t you?) are fried in olive oil before adding the other ingredients, making them crispy and crunchy on the outside, and fluffy on the inside.
I used traditional store-bought potato gnocchi for this. It’s easy to find whole wheat potato gnocchi, if that’s your thing. Or, you can make sweet potato gnocchi or ricotta gnocchi from scratch if you’re an overachiever like I usually am :-)
This seriously could not be easier to make.
First, cook the gnocchi by placing carefully in slated boiling water and removing with a slotted spoon when they float to the top. This will only take a few minutes- gnocchi cook up much more quickly than pasta.
Then, place cooked gnocchi into a nonstick skillet with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. Try to resist the urge to stir too much- leave the gnocchi still so they get nice and crisp and browned, and toss them to flip after a couple of minutes.
Once the gnocchi are crispy, add some pesto and some halved cherry tomatoes. Stir just for a couple of minutes, until tomatoes soften a bit.
Then, add some goat cheese and stir so the cheese melts into the sauce.
This crispy pesto gnocchi recipe is soooo decadent tasting. There’s so much flavor in the pesto, which pairs so well with the tangy goat cheese and sweet cherry tomatoes. And I love the way the goat cheese melts and makes the sauce super creamy.
I used traditional basil pesto for this. It’s super easy to make yourself, but if you’re so inclined, you can use store bought or make another kind of pesto (like cilantro jalapeño pesto or lemon arugula pesto).
I was lucky enough to have a HUGE amount of fresh basil growing in my garden, as well as some perfectly ripe cherry tomatoes. I practically made this whole recipe from things I grew myself- I’m such a nerd and I’m so excited about it!
*pats self on back*
There are other combinations of this recipe that would be delicious.
You could use regular pasta (and skip the sautéing until crispy part) instead of the gnocchi (kind of like this pesto pasta salad).
You could use roasted red peppers instead of the cherry tomatoes, or burrata instead of the goat cheese (YUM).
Or just stir in some heavy cream in lieu of the cheese to make the sauce creamy.
OR you could wilt some arugula or spinach in there to add a nice dose of healthy greens!
The possibilities are endless.
If you like this recipe, you’ll love this four-ingredient baked gnocchi. It’s baked with marinara sauce, fresh mozzarella, and basil, and it’s DELICIOUS.
Here’s the printable recipe for Crispy Pesto Gnocchi with Goat Cheese and Cherry Tomatoes!
Pesto Gnocchi with Goat Cheese and Cherry Tomatoes
- Cook gnocchi by placing carefully into salted boiling water and removing with a slotted spoon when they float to the top.
- Sauté cooked gnocchi in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high in a nonstick skillet until crispy (about 5 minutes).
- Add pesto and tomatoes; cook for about two minutes until tomatoes soften a little bit.
- Add the goat cheese and stir until it melts into the sauce.
- Serve with more crumbled goat cheese on top.
- It's super easy to make your own basil pesto, if you're so inclined. You could also use cilantro pesto or arugula pesto.
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.