Other easy pasta recipes
- Caprese Pasta Salad with Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- Spaghetti with Burrata and Veggies
- Spaghetti with Arugula, Cherry Tomatoes, and Feta
- Crispy Pesto Gnocchi with Goat Cheese and Cherry Tomatoes
- Chicken and Broccoli Linguine with Lemon Butter Basil Sauce
- Bruschetta Pasta
Quick and Easy Spaghetti alla Carbonara
- Cook pasta according to directions in heavily salted water until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, mix together the 2 eggs, parmesan cheese (1/2 cup), salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup parsley (if using) in a small bowl, creating a paste-like consistency. Don't salt too heavily- there is plenty of salt in the pancetta and the parmesan cheese! DO add a hearty amount of fresh cracked black pepper. It gives it a nice kick.
- In a deep skillet or even a large pot, cook the pancetta over medium high heat (If you are using bacon, just cut it up into approximate 1-inch pieces).
- Cook until meat is browned and fat is rendered.
- Add the hot pasta to the pancetta and drippings, and turn heat to low. Stir for one minute until pasta is covered in the drippings from the pancetta.
- Now, add the egg and cheese mixture from before and stir for another minute. The cheese will melt and the eggs will slowly cook, coating each noodle in a creamy layer.
- While stirring the pasta, gradually add some of the reserved pasta water to create an even thicker, creamier texture. You will probably not need to add the entire cup of water- just add enough until you have a nice, creamy consistency that sticks to every noodle.
- Serve garnished with extra herbs, parmesan, and black pepper.