It’s hard to put into words how I feel about these Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells. But it’s literally my JOB to do exactly that, so I have to try. These are AMAZING. Rich and decadent and packed full of buttery buffalo flavor, with crumbled blue cheese and shredded pepper jack cheese and crunchy celery… wow. I’m officially obsessed. And best of all, it’s a make-ahead meal you can prep in 20 minutes and it makes a ton to feed a crowd.
This recipe is easy to make, especially because it uses already cooked chicken (I used rotisserie). I whipped up a quick buffalo sauce (which is nothing more than hot sauce and melted butter), and used it in place of traditional marinara in other stuffed shells recipes.
Spread just a little sauce on the bottom of a baking dish. Mix some more with some ricotta cheese, chicken, blue cheese, pepper jack cheese, an egg, and some celery. Stuff some jumbo shells with this mixture and place in the baking dish. Then, top the whole thing off with the rest of the sauce, some more blue and pepper jack cheeses, and bake until bubbly.
If you’re craving buffalo chicken but want something different than wings or chicken fingers, you MUST try this recipe.
Printable recipe below!
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells
- 12 oz. jumbo shells you will end up using 25 shells
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup hot sauce such as Frank's
- 3 cups cooked chicken chopped or shredded (such as rotisserie)
- 16 oz. ricotta cheese
- 8 oz. pepper jack cheese divided
- 4 oz. blue cheese crumbled (about 1 cup, divided)
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 1 egg
- pinch kosher salt
- fresh cilantro chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted, boiling water according to directions.
- Meanwhile, mix together the butter and hot sauce. (I melted the butter in a pyrex measuring cup and added the hot sauce directly to it.)
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, ricotta cheese, 1/2 of the pepper jack cheese, 1/2 of the blue cheese crumbles, celery, egg, and 3/4 cup of the hot sauce/butter mixture.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the hot sauce on the bottom of a large baking pan / casserole dish.
- Stuff the shells with the chicken mixture and place in the prepared baking pan.
- Drizzle the remaining 1/2 cup of hot sauce/butter on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining pepper jack cheese and blue cheese crumbles on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and cook for another 30, or until cheese is melted and shells are heated thoroughly, with the sides beginning to bubble.