Naan pizza is my new favorite thing to make on busy weeknights. It is nothing more than regular pizza, but with naan (Indian flatbread) used as the crust. And this particular naan pizza has BUFFALO MUSHROOMS on it. That’s right, folks. Buffalo mushrooms.
I plan on making this once a week for at least the next year. It’s so easy, so quick, and so so so delicious.
I loveeee making homemade pizza. I have a very tasty whole wheat pizza dough recipe, which you can use in place of the naan for this if you want. I usually make pizza dough in bulk and freeze it in portions, but this still involves rolling out the dough and making a big ol’ mess with flour. Y’all know I love cooking things from scratch, but sometimes, it’s just not possible after a very busy day, or if you are soul-crushingly tired after being emotionally beaten by teenagers all day (ah, the life of a high school teacher).
And making pizza at home, either with a naan crust or a regular crust, is guaranteed to be healthier (and cheaper!) than take-out pizza.
So. Back to the naan.
You can make naan pizza any way you want. Sometimes, I’ll just whip up a quick cheese pizza or throw some basil and tomatoes on for a caprese pizza.
Here’s how you make a basic naan pizza.
Just spread some pizza sauce or marinara sauce on a piece of naan (you can find it with the wraps and pita bread at your grocery store- I used whole wheat), add some cheese and toppings, and bake directly on the rack in your oven (place a cookie sheet or some foil on the lower rack to catch any cheese runoff) at 425 for 10-15 minutes.
Done. Wasn’t that easy?
One quick note: a naan pizza is an individual sized pizza. The recipe below is for two naan pizzas to feed two people- make more or less depending on how many people you are feeding.
Now for the buffalo mushrooms. Good Lord, these are tasty. And also extremely quick and easy to make.
First of all, I have learned the BEST TRICK EVER for keeping mushrooms fresh! When you get home from the store, immediately transfer the mushrooms to a brown paper bag and keep them in your refrigerator. Your mushrooms will last for a week- maybe even longer! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve bought mushrooms and kept them in their original packaging, only to find them in a slimy gross mess when I go to use them a few days later. Seriously, try it out.
Buffalo sauce is simple- all it is is butter and hot sauce mixed together. To make buffalo mushrooms, just saute some sliced mushrooms in butter for a few minutes until softened. Add a generous amount of hot sauce (I used Louisiana hot sauce, my personal favorite, but you can use Frank’s, Sriracha, or another kind if you want) and stir to coat. Bam! Buffalo mushrooms.
Just add a generous helping of these mushrooms on top of the cheese before baking, and you have buffalo mushroom naan pizza. Your new favorite pizza EVER! And the best part? It only takes 20 minutes to make from start to finish.
And if you want to get real crazy, serve this with a side of blue cheese dressing. Because buffalo + blue cheese is a match made in heaven.
Other Naan Pizza Recipes
Naan pizza is one of my favorite ways to make quick and easy pizza at home! Here are some of my favorites:
Other Buffalo recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- Buffalo Chicken Fingers
- Crispy Honey Buffalo Chicken Thighs
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells
- Buffalo Cauliflower “Wings”
Hope you enjoy this awesomely quick and easy recipe!
Buffalo Mushroom Naan Pizza
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and place an oven rack in the bottom part of the oven.
- Melt the butter (1 tablespoon) in a skillet and add the mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Stir to coat and sauté over medium-high heat. Don't stir the mushrooms too much- allow the liquid to evaporate by letting them sit still.
- After about 4-5 minutes, mushrooms should be softened and cooked, and most of the moisture should have evaporated. Turn off the heat and add the hot sauce (1-2 tablespoons); stir to coat.
- Place naan flatbreads on a parchment-covered rimmed baking sheet. Spread 1/2 cup of the pizza sauce on each piece of naan and top evenly with shredded cheese.
- Top with sautéed mushrooms.
- Bake on the bottom oven rack for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned and crust has crisped up a bit.
- After cooking, sprinkle with green onions and drizzle with Sriracha hot sauce (optional)