Other Chinese Stir Fry Recipes
Chicken and Cashew Lettuce Wraps
Chicken and Cashew Lettuce Wraps is the perfect summer recipe! The chicken is super flavorful and spicy, there is just the right amount of crunch from the celery and the cashews, and the cool crisp lettuce wrapped around it tempers the warmth of the chicken. It's very refreshing, and it's WAY better than PF Chang's lettuce wraps! Best of all, it takes only about 20 minutes to make.Save this Recipe Saved! Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken breasts and/or thighs, diced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger from about a 1 inch piece
- 8 large pieces of iceberg or butter lettuce plus more if needed
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- Add chicken and saute until cooked completely.
- Meanwhile, whisk soy sayce and cornstarch together in a small bowl (or in a mason jar). Add remaining sauce ingredients (hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sriracha, and ginger) and whisk or shake to combine.
- Add celery, cashews, and sauce to skillet; saute for 1-2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Transfer to bowl and allow to cool slightly. Serve wrapped in large lettuce pieces and garnished with green onions.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, make sure to use gluten-free soy sauce or an alternative like liquid aminos.
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Calories: 348kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 824mg | Potassium: 756mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 3738IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutrition Information Disclaimer
The provided nutrition information is my best estimate and does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. I use an automatic API to calculate this information. Feel free to calculate it yourself using one of these tools:
My Fitness Pal Recipe Nutrition Calculator
Tried this recipe?Mention @BowlofDelicious or tag #BowlofDelicious!
Leave a Reply