Sometimes, you just have to dust off your copy of Mastering the Art of French Cooking, get out the flour and butter, make a pie crust from scratch, and bake the best quiche ever.
This Easy Zucchini Quiche is perfect for using up some of summer’s best vegetable and is so, so easy to make (especially if you don’t go all out like yours truly and use a store-bought pie crust- I won’t judge, promise!). It requires only SIX ingredients and about 5 minutes of hands-on time. And while it takes a while to cook in the oven, you can serve it at room temperature which means you can make it far in advance of serving (one of my favorite things about quiche).
The zucchini really stands out in this recipe. Simply seasoned with salt, pepper, fresh thyme, and salty parmesan cheese, it’s a simple dish that’s perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and will please a crowd (and the kids!).
Usually when I make a quiche, I make it crustless by incorporating the flour directly into the batter (like in this broccoli cheddar and bacon quiche and this spinach tomato and feta quiche). If you use the base of either of these recipes, you can certainly adapt this one to be crustless as well. But with a store bought crust, I promise this is easy as pie to make (hah! see what I did there?).
You’ll need to slice the zucchini thinly for this. When layered in the quiche, the result is not only yummy but gorgeous. A mandoline can make this process a whole lot easier, but it can also be achieved (carefully) with a sharp knife and steady hands.
Simply mix together sliced zucchini, eggs, whole milk (or cream, if you want to be more decadent- the higher the fat content in quiche, the better, according to the master of quiche Julia Child), parmesan, thyme, salt, and pepper. Pour into a pie crust and bake. That’s it!
Since quiche takes a while to bake and set in the oven (about 45 minutes), you may need to cover the edges of the pie crust with foil if it’s starting to brown too quickly. Just keep an eye on it whilst it bakes away.
Recipe below- enjoy!
Easy Zucchini Quiche
- Quiche Dish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place pie crust in pie dish and trim edges. Layer the sliced zucchini in the bottom of the pie.
- Mix together remaining ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Pour on top of the zucchini.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until quiche is set and beginning to brown on top.
- If crust is browning too quickly, cover edges with foil.
- For quiche, the higher the fat content of the milk, the better. Cream can also be used, but I don't recommend using skim or low fat milk.
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Nutrition Information Disclaimer
The provided nutrition information is my best estimate and does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. I use an automatic API to calculate this information. Feel free to calculate it yourself using one of these tools: