Naan pizza is one of my absolute favorite weeknight recipes to make. This Sautéed Vegetable and Goat Cheese Naan Pizza is a perfect vegetarian recipe that comes together in only 20 minutes. Plus, I have a trick to get an extra-crispy crust!
Three cheeses top these yummy pizzas: mozzarella, parmesan, and of course, soft goat cheese. No sauce on this white naan pizza- only a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil to coat the crust before adding the toppings.
The mozzarella is a great melting cheese that coats every bite. The parmesan adds a yummy salty, umami flavor to the pizza- I always like adding extra salty flavor to pizzas without any cured meats, which are already very salty. And the goat cheese adds a yummy, tangy flavor that pairs SO well with the light vegetables.
Confession: we’ve been eating a lot of frozen pizzas around here since having our second baby. Our favorite was the inspiration for this recipe. But I’m always a fan of homemade verses store-bought, even though the ingredients in it are pretty good!
I like being able to control the ingredients I use by cooking things myself. For example, you can make it healthier by using whole grain naan flatbreads. And I used way more vegetables for extra nutrition. It was much heartier than our frozen favorite.
The vegetables are simple and easy to make. I just sautéed some zucchini slices and some diced yellow and orange bell pepper pieces in olive oil, seasoned with a little bit of salt and pepper. If you add the raw veggies to the pizza, they won’t cook all the way, so it’s much better to cook them before (even if it means getting one more pot dirty).
While making this naan pizza recipe, I discovered how to get a nice, crispy crust on the bottom accidentally! Here’s what I did.
Getting a crispy crust on homemade pizza has always been my nemesis, especially when I make my own pizza dough. When I made this recipe, I threw together a third pizza for my toddler that wouldn’t fit on the baking sheet with the other two. So I put it on the bottom rack.
The result? The pizza on the bottom got super crispy and delicious on the bottom, and the top was perfectly melted and cooked!
So, to get a crispy crust, arrange your baking rack on the bottom of the oven, not the top. I can’t wait to try this with my other pizza recipes (like this sausage breakfast pizza, this crispy bacon and kale pizza, and this brussels sprout and bacon pizza).
I cooked these on a Nordic Ware Baker’s Half Sheet– my favorite rimmed baking sheet. It heats up evenly to further help with crisping the crust, and it’s sturdy so it doesn’t buckle under extreme heat. And it fits two naan pizzas perfectly.
Other Naan Pizza Recipes
Naan pizza is one of my favorite ways to make quick and easy pizza at home! Here are some of my favorites:
Sautéed Vegetable and Goat Cheese Naan Pizza
- 2 naan flatbreads
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 small zucchini sliced into rounds 1/4″ thick
- 1 small yellow or orange bell pepper diced
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 oz. goat cheese (chèvre) crumbled
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and arrange oven rack close to bottom of oven.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and bell pepper and season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and beginning to brown.
- Place the naan on a rimmed baking sheet, and drizzle each with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Top the naan with shredded mozzarella, parmesan, and goat cheese.
- Add sautéed vegetables on top of the cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven on bottom rack for 10 minutes, or until crust gets crispy and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
- Traditional parmesan cheese may not be suitable for a strict vegetarian diet because it contains animal rennet. Look for a suitable vegetarian substitute, such as a parmesan made with plant rennet.
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Nutrition Information Disclaimer
The provided nutrition information is my best estimate and does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. I use an automatic API to calculate this information. Feel free to calculate it yourself using one of these tools: