This Easy Dill Dip is packed with fresh herbs– dill, cilantro, and green onions- plus lime juice and zest for a unique, fresh flavor. It’s the perfect creamy dip for veggies or potato chips, or as a fun spread on a sandwich. The base is sour cream, but you can easily substitute Greek yogurt for a healthier version!
Dill dip is so easy to make in only 5 minutes with 5 ingredients. It’s the perfect thing to make ahead of time for an easy dip for an appetizer at a party, served with crudités, pita chips, or ruffled potato chips.
This fresh, creamy dip has lots of fresh herbs but it’s flexible- you can leave some out or substitute with others.
I like to keep a batch of this in my fridge along with prepped, cut up raw vegges. When I’m feeling like a snack, it’s easy to enjoy the healthy raw veggies with this delicious dip!
Here’s how to make (and use) this super simple dill dip.
How to make dill dip
- First, chop up a bunch of fresh dill, cilantro, and green onion.
- Then, juice and zest a lime.
- Finally, mix it all up in a bowl with some sour cream, seasoned with salt and pepper. DONE!
The other great thing about this dill dip is how flexible it is. Here are my suggestions:
- For a healthier, lighter version, use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. For a really light version, use fat-free Greek yogurt.
- Don’t like cilantro? Double up the dill as a substitution, or use parsley instead.
- Don’t have a lime? Use a lemon instead, or even a tablespoon of vinegar (such as red or white wine vinegar) in a pinch.
- Use chives instead of green onions, if you prefer.
What to serve with Dill Dip
This dip is so much more than a dip for veggies or potato chips. Here are other fun ways to use it:
- Use it as a dip for mini hasselback potatoes.
- Serve it on blackened shrimp tacos.
- Mix it up with some hard boiled eggs for a quick and easy egg salad sandwich.
- Spread it on poached salmon.
- Use it on a vegetarian pita sandwich.
- Use as a dip for Greek meatballs.
It’s so versatile!
Make ahead and storage
You can make this dill dip ahead of time and keep it in your fridge for 5-7 days. It might get a little watery over time- if that happens, just stir it up a little before serving.
Other easy dip recipes:
- Homemade Ranch Dressing / Dip
- Mediterranean 7 Layer Dip
- Tzatziki Sauce (Greek Yogurt and Cucumber Sauce)
- Veggie Cream Cheese
- Peanut Butter Dip
Check out all my sauce and dip recipes here.
Did you know commenting and rating recipes is one of the best ways you can support your favorite food bloggers? If you made this dill dip, please click the stars below to comment and Rate this Recipe
Easy Dill Dip
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with cut up veggies, ruffled potato chips, on sandwiches or tacos, etc.
- For a lighter version, substitute the sour cream with Greek yogurt, or use lower fat sour cream.
- Don't like cilantro? Use parsley instead or double up on the dill.
- Make ahead and store in an airtight container in your fridge for 5-7 days. If it gets a little liquidy, just stir it up before serving.
- Don't have a lime? Use a lemon instead, or 1 tablespoon of red or white wine vinegar as a substitute for the lime juice and zest.