I have a feeling this post may take me a while to write, because my hand keeps moving on its own accord to dip blue corn tortilla chips into this avocado salsa and then magically bring it to my mouth.
I tell you, writing a food blog is tough work, especially at times like these.
Zach first made a version of this when we made a recipe from one of our favorite cookbooks, Fresh & Easy: What to Cook and How to Cook it.
I love it for the delicious recipes and beautiful pictures, Zach loves it for its super easy to follow step-by-step instructions. In the book, this salsa is put on garlic toast with chorizo on top, which is delicious.
All you do is combine 2-4 (depending on how much you want and how big they are) diced avocados, 1 tablespoon olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper, and a few dashes of hot sauce.
Eat immediately as I am doing now (no regrets there) or keep in the fridge for a few days. If you do store it in the fridge, squeeze a little extra lime juice on top to prevent browning.
Also, try fitting it in an airtight container with as little extra room as possible (oxygen is what makes avocados, apples, and other fruits turn brown, so if there is very little oxygen, it won’t turn as brown!).
You may also like this simple, delicious avocado toast recipe.
Other homemade salsa recipes
There. Done with the post, with not too much damage done to the salsa. :-)
Easy Avocado Salsa
- 2 large ripe avocados diced
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- a few dashes hot sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix together to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- This can be stored in the fridge for a few days to use on sandwiches, etc. To prevent browning, place in an airtight container with as little extra room as possible, and squeeze a little extra lime juice on top. You can also place a piece of plastic wrap against the surface.
- The provided nutrition information does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. Feel free to calculate it yourself using this calculator or by adding the recipe to Yummly.
Nutrition Information Disclaimer
The provided nutrition information is my best estimate and does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. I use an automatic API to calculate this information. Feel free to calculate it yourself using one of these tools: